Allen Taylor

4 May 1876 - 30 Mar 1959

You are viewing BillionGraves in Português. Change to English

Allen Taylor

4 May 1876 - 30 Mar 1959
edit Editar Registo
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

By Lula May Jameson Taylor I was born in Milford, Beaver county, Utah on July 25, 1882. I was the sixth of eleven children born to my parents. My father Hyrum Smith Jameson was born in Boneville, Missouri. He crossed the plains age of six. His mother Rhoda Marie Foy died on the trip and was buried o
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Allen Taylor
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Allen Taylor


Loa Cemetery

Unnamed Rd
Loa, Wayne, Utah
United States

Headstone Description

Children of Allen & Lula Taylor


May 26, 2013


May 16, 2013

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Allen...

We found more records about Allen Taylor.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Allen


Allen Taylor is buried in the Loa Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Nome do Cemitério

Loa Cemetery

Endereço de cemitérios
Unnamed Rd
United States
Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Lula May Jameson -- Autobiography

Colaborador: toooldtohunt Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

By Lula May Jameson Taylor I was born in Milford, Beaver county, Utah on July 25, 1882. I was the sixth of eleven children born to my parents. My father Hyrum Smith Jameson was born in Boneville, Missouri. He crossed the plains age of six. His mother Rhoda Marie Foy died on the trip and was buried on the plains. His father Charles Jameson stayed in Missouri to dispose of his property so he settled in Provo with one brother and one sister. During this time, about 1898, they were in very destitute circumstances. Brigham Young told them to go down the river and gather sugar from the trees. They gathered as much as a hundred pounds in one day. At the age of 17 my father stood guard in the Provo Canyon against the Indians. He was also in the Black Hawk and Walker war. He had a lot of narrow escapes while carrying the mail as a pony express rider. Later he moved from Provo to Minersville where he met is wife. Then he moved to Beaver where he lived for a while. In 1887 the family moved to what was called Rabbit Valley, which is now known as Loa. It was mostly a valley of sage brush, rabbits and Indians. Our first house was a dirt roofed, log home built on the bank of the Dirty Devil River, now known as the Fremont River. It was two blocks north of the Webster farm. The only white people there the were the McClellans, Blackburns, Lazebys and Goofs. Their homes were along the creek, now known as Spring Creek. The settlers relied on the creek for their water needs. In those days there were very few fences. The house farthest to the west was J. Hugh Blackburn It stood south of the new school house. Our first school house was a long, one room, log building with a fire place. It had dirt roof and the benches were made of rough lumber. Our social life was dancing and parties at each others homes. We all went in one group and had good times together. At some parties we had fun making molasses candy. As a child I went to the children dances barefooted. When I did get shoes they were heavy. We didn't have slippers or silk hose. Our bread was all salt rising bread. Once in awhile we had baking powder biscuits.As a youngster I worked at a dairy. I milked twenty cows morning and night. I also worked for 50- cents a day scrubbing floors and washing clothes by hand, to help care for family. On February 26 1898 my mother died. She had been confined to a bed. There were no doctors around at that time to help her in her weakened condition. My sister Emma took the baby of the family and went to live with our sister Rhoda's for a while. I being the oldest at the home at the age of sixteen, remained at home and took care of the rest of my younger brothers and sisters. There were many weary sad days, trying our best, in our humble condition to take care of them. At the age of nineteen on May 1901 I married Allen Taylor. The ceremony was performed in the Manti Temple by President McAlaster. The trip took two days by buggy. It was hard to make a living on a sheepherders wages so I helped out any way I could. I took in washing and sewing and at times went out to help someone with their house cleaning. I also helped those who were ill. After our oldest boy died of meningitis and our oldest girl died at six months we were only left with our two sons Lawrence and Wendell. This allowed me time to spend with my husband and two boys up sheep herding on Bolder Mountain. I and the two boys rode up on a two wheel cart. Some places on the trail we had to lift one wheel at times between trees. While herding Allen and I each took one boy behind us on horse back. I was the first woman on top of Bolder Mountain. After our children got a little older we spent the summer up on the top mountain herding sheep. My husband would load the buggy with camping gear and I would hitch up the team and drive it to where he told me to. Then he would come and set up camp. We enjoyed ourselves very much. I would drive back to town every few days to do the laundry and get supplies. Once we took Stanley up there when he was only one month old. He would lie in bed and the wind blew the tent flaps open, fanning the dirt into his eyes. We had a large family of fourteen children. They were ; Lyman, 20 Mar 1902,Clear creek, Utah; Lawrence, 11 Jan 1904, Loa, Utah; Wendall, 3 Oct 1905, Loa Utah; Elva, 26 Apr 1907, Loa Utah; Laura May, 1 Jun 1909, Loa Utah; Afton, 13 Fed 1911, Loa Utah; Arvel J, 14 Sept 1912,Loa Utah; Mildred, 14 Jun 1914, Loa Utah; Richard, 22 Apr 1916, Loa Utah; Stanley, 22 May 1918, Loa Utah; Cassell, 11 Mar 1920, Loa Utah; Lowell J, 21 Oct 1921, Loa Utah; Myrl, 19 Apr 1923, Loa Utah; Winona, 16 Dec 1924, Loa Utah. I held many positions in the church. I served as a Primary Teacher and in the Relief Society. I was also a Magazine Agent. Since Allen was away from home most of the time herding sheep, the care of the family was left up to me. I used to play games with them such as hide and seek, run sheep run and steel sticks and balls. Most of my time was spent taking care of the children and performing other wifely duties. One year on Easter a bunch of us got together and went out eastering. I was riding in a rubber tired wagon on a spring seat with Ella. Afton and his wife were sitting on the seat in front of us. The front wheel of the wagon hit a rock. It gave us a jolt and I broke the side board as I fell out of the wagon. Lowell being just a little fellow, put his hand on the wound and said" Mama your head is bleeding. " My arm never healed quite right and it hurt me the rest of my life. I was hurt again one day while I was hurrying to get ready for conference. The bathroom was right next to the basement door in the home we had moved into. I opened the basement door, thinking it was the bathroom. I fell twelve steps cutting a gash in one side of my forehead and on the other side I had a big bruise. It took fifteen stitches to close the gash and the bruise had to be punctured to let blood out. I don't know how I got up those stairs but I staggered to the kitchen door and called Lowell. He lived in the home next to us that was owned by Arvel. I must have passed out, for when I came to I was laying on the couch and Arvel was wiping the blood from my face. They took me to Salina where they had me fixed up. My eyes were both swollen shut and my face was black and blue, clear down to my neck. I have had some hard knocks in my life and all of them on my head. My husband died on March 30, 1959 at the age of eighty two. He was buried in the Loa cemetery. The following are tributes to Lula Jameson Taylor by; Her great grandson Gary Wendell scow: I seen my great grandmother a few times but I really got to know her through letters. While I was on my mission in Florida she wrote faithfully for two years. She was always encouraging me and praying for us missionaries. Each letter seemed to be a great sacrifice for her. She broken her arm earlier in her life and it gave her great pain when she wrote letters. She died on November 19, 1987 at the age of 105 years old. She was one of southern Utah's oldest residents. She was always an active person and had pretty good health up to within two years of her death. she did a lot of quilting and would walk one mile round trip, to the post office each day.

Allen Taylor Jr. -- memories from his granddaughter

Colaborador: toooldtohunt Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

From an interview with Lynette Malmstrom Keane (granddaughter): Memories of my grandfather: I don't have a lot of memories of my grandfather. He died when I was 10 or 12 years old. I remember he was the sheriff in Loa, Wayne County, Utah. I also remember him being a bit of a curmudgeon. He always carried a cane and wasn't worried about knocking you on the head with it if he didn't approve of what you were doing.

Autobiography Pt 12

Colaborador: toooldtohunt Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Places we have visited. Then in Oct. 21st Quentin was taken into the Service. Well that was the last straw! We had planned that Quentin would be with us in our old age to comfort and help us, but not so. After three years, in war service in the States, he went over seas for a short time and then came home with his family to make us a visit. He was here a week or so, and we decided to take them back to California. So we all got into the dodge and away we went. Stopped at Burley here they were to live visited all over San Francisco and Oakland, then on to Modesto to visit sister Delores and family. We had a wonderful visit, then came back. We brought Rhoda and Burns back to Salt Lake to be married in the Temple. We also brought Mrs. Magelby. They were married May 2nd, 1945 in Manti. We came home rested up then took Allen and Lula and started out for Southern Utah. Went to Bryce, Zions Canyon, Sulphur Spring at Hurricane, also relatives lived there. We went to St. George and stayed all night at Ruth Giles. Went to the Temple twice. Came back by Harmony stayed there that night, came to Cedar , stayed with Iseral Neilsson all night, came to Beaver my old home town and took pictures of same. We went to Delta to see Aunt Julia, visited her sons and daughters and came home happy for the trip and privilege I had had. On the 24th of September, Dad and I started out for Canada to visit my sister Minnie whom I had not seen for seven years. Our trip was wonderful. Everything was new and different. All the folks were so grand to us, they took us up to Banff in the Canadian rockies, traveld by train, ate for the first time in a diner on the train. We stayed at Nola's on the way back then to Provo to see our new grandson Michael, and found out that our darling was blind, I'll tell you I was broken hearted. I have visited the Florence Cemetary in Nebraska, visited the graves of Oliver Cowdery, David Harris (Whitmer) at Far West Missouri, visited largest caves in the world at Carlsbad Mexico, Boulder Dam, State Capital in Sacramento, Colorado, Kansas, Iowa, Mexico. Viola, Brig, Dad and I went to Pima in Arizona for a visit that was nice. We have made two trips to California in the last two years. this last time we visited Harmony Hills, where Quentin is making his home. Also Zula's parents at Sabastapol. We saw the Sing Sing Prison and crossed the Ferry on ta large boat. Have been in Idaho, Montana, Calgaria and Lethbridge. The hardest blows I have had, in the deaths of my two find sons, who left a wife and a baby each, and a fine grandson Emil, who was killed on a motorcycle. My children are my riches and all I can ever take with me when I leave this earth. May they all prove faithful and while am here I am truly happy when I see them doing right. God grant that each and everyone of you our dear children will live so that when the end comes yu can say, "I have done the best I could." Your Dear Mother. Complied about 1945.

Courtship, Marriage, more childhood stories Transcript

Colaborador: toooldtohunt Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

This is a transcript of the audio of the courtship and marriage of Loa and Harold Johansen: Many times when people was drinking ditch water, there was an epidemic of typhoid and diptheria and a lot of people lost two and three of their children within a night. I graduated from district school in 1915. Then in 19 and 17, our father took Leonard and I to Ephraim to go to high school. We didn't have any high school then. And we were that age and so he took us up there and we were there only about two months, when the black flu broke out and all the schools were closed. So we had to come home and we didn't get back. Many people died from it and those that got it were very sick. When Leonard and I did go to school, we rode on the train in Ephraim, long came Harold Johansen was on it. He was going back in the service from his furlough. He came back in the train to talk to us. That was the first time I talked to him. The armistice was signed on November the 11th, 1918. He came home and got a job with . In Oct 1919, we were to a masquerade ball. I had a mask on my face and I asked Harold to dance with me, and when the masks were taken off, he watched to see who had asked him to dance. and so then he asked me to dance. We started to go together in November. I was working for Henry VanDyke and one evening he came there to see me. We were sitting by the kitchen stove, when he popped the question and asked me if I would marry him. I told him I would if he went to the temple. He said he planned to. so that was when I got my first k9iss, and we went for home. He would bring me boxes of candy. My brothers hoped I wouldn't eat it all. When was home and he would come to see me. so they ... They didn't want us to eat it all, they wanted some too. And when he would come to see me and the nights were cold and snow on the ground, after he left I would step outside and hear his shoes squeak in the snow as he walked over the hill to go home. but when he brought the candy, two of the boys would go to bed upstairs and they were afraid we'd eat it all up, so they made ropes out of bedding, anything they could find and then they'd let my brother Owen down the outside window, down and watched to see if we were eating all of the candy, because they were sure afraid we'd eat it all and they wanted some. On March the 30, 1920, Harold and I went to Sigurd with a .. some old friends in their old car and we would get stuck in mud. The roads were just old dirt roads. We stayed all night at Horace Dastrup's, my brother-in-law. Viola came over there and on March 31rst, we went on a train to Manti and stayed all night. On April the first, we got up to go to the temple to be married. I had forgotten my garments so we walked the streets to see what's open [? to get apparal]. I want to tell you a little bit more about when I was a child. I used to go with my father over the mountain in a wagon, when he had to haul freight and it took him 2 days to go there and then .... mother used to make a mush we'd call red mush and we take juice, ah fruit juice and put tapioca in it to thicken it and it was so good with cream on it! when we were kids, for Christmas, at Christmas time, we used to string pop-corn and apples. We'd string the popcorn on a string, then we would hand the apples with a string and that would be the decoration for our tree. Then when we, ..before we were married, dad bought a[?] home for us from my uncle Allen. He paid $550 for the home and the lot didn't have any water. So we had to buy the water for it. After we were married, Brig and Viola lived in the home and so we went out and lived with my dad and mother for awhile. Then we decided to move back into our home and so we took the back room and Vila and Brig stayed in the front. And after they moved, we had it by ourselves. The ceiling in this front room was 11 feet high. I couldn't even reach it with a broom, standing on a chair, but I was thrilled for my home and I took orange crates, stood them up on their ends, for shelves to put my dishes on. And I would make curtains and put in front so that you couldn't, keep you from seeing the dishes. And finally I got a kitchen cabinet and oh that was great. I [ ?] on the shelf and you'd have to pull the shelf out. Had to iron on the stove irons heat on the stove.

Life timeline of Allen Taylor

Allen Taylor was born on 4 May 1876
Allen Taylor was 9 years old when Louis Pasteur successfully tests his vaccine against rabies on Joseph Meister, a boy who was bitten by a rabid dog. Louis Pasteur was a French biologist, microbiologist and chemist renowned for his discoveries of the principles of vaccination, microbial fermentation and pasteurization. He is remembered for his remarkable breakthroughs in the causes and prevention of diseases, and his discoveries have saved many lives ever since. He reduced mortality from puerperal fever, and created the first vaccines for rabies and anthrax. His medical discoveries provided direct support for the germ theory of disease and its application in clinical medicine. He is best known to the general public for his invention of the technique of treating milk and wine to stop bacterial contamination, a process now called pasteurization. He is regarded as one of the three main founders of bacteriology, together with Ferdinand Cohn and Robert Koch, and is popularly known as the "father of microbiology".
Allen Taylor was 15 years old when Thomas Edison patents the motion picture camera. Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor and businessman, who has been described as America's greatest inventor. He developed many devices that greatly influenced life around the world, including the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb. Dubbed "The Wizard of Menlo Park", he was one of the first inventors to apply the principles of mass production and large-scale teamwork to the process of invention, and is often credited with the creation of the first industrial research laboratory.
Allen Taylor was 29 years old when Albert Einstein publishes his first paper on the special theory of relativity. Albert Einstein was a German-born theoretical physicist who developed the theory of relativity, one of the two pillars of modern physics. His work is also known for its influence on the philosophy of science. He is best known to the general public for his mass–energy equivalence formula E = mc2, which has been dubbed "the world's most famous equation". He received the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics "for his services to theoretical physics, and especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect", a pivotal step in the development of quantum theory.
Allen Taylor was 38 years old when Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were assassinated by a Yugoslav nationalist named Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo, sparking the outbreak of World War I. Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria-Este was a member of the imperial Habsburg dynasty, and from 1896 until his death the heir presumptive (Thronfolger) to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, which in turn triggered a series of events that resulted in Austria-Hungary's allies and Serbia's declaring war on each other, starting World War I.
Allen Taylor was 44 years old when The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage in America. The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was adopted on August 18, 1920.
Allen Taylor was 63 years old when Adolf Hitler signs an order to begin the systematic euthanasia of mentally ill and disabled people. Adolf Hitler was a German politician, demagogue, and Pan-German revolutionary, who was the leader of the Nazi Party, Chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and Führer ("Leader") of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945. As dictator, Hitler initiated World War II in Europe with the invasion of Poland in September 1939, and was central to the Holocaust.
Allen Taylor was 64 years old when The Holocaust: The first prisoners arrive at a new concentration camp at Auschwitz. The Holocaust, also referred to as the Shoah, was a genocide during World War II in which Nazi Germany, aided by its collaborators, systematically murdered some six million European Jews, around two-thirds of the Jewish population of Europe, between 1941 and 1945. Jews were targeted for extermination as part of a larger event involving the persecution and murder of other groups, including in particular the Roma and "incurably sick", as well as ethnic Poles and other Slavs, Soviet citizens, Soviet prisoners of war, political opponents, gay men and Jehovah's Witnesses, resulting in up to 17 million deaths overall.
Allen Taylor died on 30 Mar 1959 at the age of 82
Grave record for Allen Taylor (4 May 1876 - 30 Mar 1959), BillionGraves Record 3993254 Loa, Wayne, Utah, United States