Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen

27 Oct 1894 - 29 Aug 1977

You are viewing BillionGraves in Português. Change to English

Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen

27 Oct 1894 - 29 Aug 1977
edit Editar Registo
photo Add Images
group_add Add Family
description Add a memory

Grave site information of Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen (27 Oct 1894 - 29 Aug 1977) at Smithfield City Cemetery in Smithfield, Cache, Utah, United States from BillionGraves
Register to get full access to the grave site record of Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen
Terms and Conditions

We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration in order to allow full access to our records.

terms and conditions

Contact Permissions

We’d like to send you special offers and deals exclusive to BillionGraves users to help your family history research. All emails ​include an unsubscribe link. You ​may opt-out at any time.

Thanks for registering with!
In order to gain full access to this record, please verify your email by opening the welcome email that we just sent to you.
Sign up the easy way

Use your facebook account to register with BillionGraves. It will be one less password to remember. You can always add an email and password later.


Life Information

Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen


Smithfield City Cemetery

376-424 E Center St
Smithfield, Cache, Utah
United States


May 14, 2012


April 15, 2012

Nearby Graves

See more nearby graves
Upgrade to BG+

Find more about Mryvin Orsman...

We found more records about Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen.


Relationships on the headstone


Relationships added by users


Grave Site of Mryvin Orsman


Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen is buried in the Smithfield City Cemetery at the location displayed on the map below. This GPS information is ONLY available at BillionGraves. Our technology can help you find the gravesite and other family members buried nearby.

Download the free BillionGraves mobile app for iPhone and Android before you go to the cemetery and it will guide you right to the gravesite.
android Google play phone_iphone App Store



Life Sketch of Myrvin Orsman Jorgensen

Colaborador: MollyM Created: 1 year ago Updated: 1 year ago

Born in Hyde Park, Utah, the 27th of October 1894, the twelfth of sixteen children. I was born in Hyde Park, Utah, the 27th of October 1894, the twelfth of sixteen children. We lived in a frame house on a big corner lot in the town section off Hyde Park. My father also had a farm and range land on the foot hills near our, home. My earliest memories are of how I used to help my mother and brothers and sisters care for the vegetable garden and the beautiful flowers my mother always strived to have surrounding our home. I also had to help milk the cows and walking, drive them to the pasture and go after them in the evening. I began school at the age of eight, and went as far as the fifth grade. On the 12th day of March in 1907 I left school to go to the winter range to care for my fathers sheep, at Wendover, Utah. My older brother Leeman and I were to bring the sheep to the lambing grounds in Johnson’s Canyon, in Box Elder County, Utah. I was thirteen years of age at this time, and my work was to haul water from the springs along the way in two ten gallon wooden kegs for culinary purposes around camp Sometimes we would melt snow for the purpose to save going so far to get water. My other chores included cooking, going for supp1ies and moving the camp site. It was about ten weeks from the time we started for the winter range to move the sheep till they were moved.-------, sheared, and back on summer range again. I remembered sugar beets were ready to be thinned just as we arrived back on the farm in Hyde Park, about the first part of June. The sugar beet industry was rather new at this time in 1907. It was thought at that time the sugar beets should be planted late enough to avoid the spring frost. After helping on the farm during the summer, I went back to the winter range the 2nd of October. This time it was the Deep Creek Range in Nevada; and I was with the sheep all that winter and in the spring of 1908, we left there and went up the trail to the Delno Range, (in Nevada), to lamb. We also erected a shearing corral at Annerville Springs, close by and after the sheep were sheared we put them on summer range in care of a herdsman and returned to the ranch to irrigate and do general farm work. This time the ranch I worked on was the Twelve Mile Ranch in Nevada. It was located twelve miles north and west of Tacoma, Nevada. My folks had moved from Hyde Park, Utah to this big stock ranch, known as the Vineyard Land and Livestock Company. My Father had bought part interest in the Company. This company had holdings in a one hundred square mile radius of land. There were thousands of water springs all over the hundred miles square of land and where the water springs were the Company owned land thus giving them control over the hundred square miles of range land. They put us a lot of hay for the cattle; intact we began haying on the fifth of July and from then on we cut and put up hay, rain or shine ,till the fourteenth of October. I did a lot of riding in the fall, gathering cattle off the open range and feeding them thru the winter. While on this farm in Nevada it was my job to help the driver change horses on the stage coach night and morning for four trips a week. This stage coach carried mail one hundred and ten miles between Sanyucina Ranch, Nevada to Tacoma, Nevada. The horses were wild to handle and I also had to feed and curry and care for the horses used on the trips. We were on this place till the spring of 1910. At this time my folks decided to buy a cattle ranch at Etna, Utah and we moved there. Again I worked feeding cattle, putting up hay and riding the range on thru the year of 1911. I now started to school again in Etna, Utah; but found I had to quit again in three months because of farm duties and about this time I was sent to work on the West Cache Orchard Company farm in Amalga, Cache, Utah of which my father was manager and I also worked in my fathers flour mill, located in Smithfield, Utah. In the year of 1915 on September the 8th, in Logan, Cache County, Utah, I married Martha Ann Buck. One daughter, Bernice, and two sons, Kenneth and Elaine were born in Smithfield, Utah. During this time I did some farming of my own on rented land. I also built a house in Smithfield, but left and moved to Avon, Utah on a farm. It was here Ila Beth was born. Later I moved to Moreland, Idaho and learned to make cheese for the Kraft Cheese Company; making cheese; in the Idaho factories located Moreland, Darlington, Malta, Pocatello, Grace Blackfoot, and Aberdeen. It was in Aberdeen that Laura was born and the 1929 depression was still raging. Now I decided to take the boys out on a farm to live. We moved onto a rented farm in Burley, Idaho. We lived there and farmed for seventeen years. We then moved to Renton, Washington, where I was employed by the Boeing Aircraft Company, as a painter. I remained in their employ for eight years, at which time I was retired at the age of sixty five years. In June of 1960 while on vacation I suffered a Stroke which affected my left side. I worked after my recovery from this a custodian for three Renton ward, one of which was mine, for several years. In February of 1971 because of my health, I moved back to Pocatello, Idaho, to be near my son Elaine, who is a physician, so he could help take care of me. I lived here until August 3, 1976 , when I moved to Aberdeen into a Senior citizen housing apartment which was ground level and I could no longer manage the steps in the home in which we resided in Pocatello. This was because of having suffered a broken hip [Added by Bernice] Uncle Leeman told me of an accident my father had as a child. He was real small and his mother had just lost recently lost two babies prayed she be spared this child who had fallen from the loft of the barn landing on his head. He was spared to her for which I am very grateful. As a child I remember his patience with animals , which he could get to do most anything he tried to get them to. He and Uncle Quinn were very close and I remember them working together quite a bit. Uncle Quinn lived with us and he and Dad built many toys for us as kids. He was a hard worker all his life, sometimes working the clock around with the exception of an-hour or two of sleep. He was an expert cheesemaker and even after he left the factory the Kraft Cheese Company tried to get him to come back to work for them several times, especially during the war years. He believed in giving a good days work for his pay and during his employ at Boeing his work evaluation sheets were very praiseworthy of his work. Though he did not receive much schooling he never lost his desire to learn more. He was confined to a chair most of the last years of his life; but never lost that ability to learn. His mind was as sharp as it ever was right to the end. He remembered things that put me to shame, for I could not remember many of he things he did. He loved his family, though it was hard for him to put it in words. We still knew by his actions and things he did that he loved us. He was very proud off his grandchildren and his great grandchildren. He passed away at Pocatello, Idaho, August 29, 1977 and was buried September 1, 1977 beside his infant son, Victor in the family plot at Smithfield, Utah.

Life timeline of Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen

Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was born on 27 Oct 1894
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 9 years old when The Wright brothers make their first attempt to fly with the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, were two American aviators, engineers, inventors, and aviation pioneers who are generally credited with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful airplane. They made the first controlled, sustained flight of a powered, heavier-than-air aircraft on December 17, 1903, four miles south of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. In 1904–05 the brothers developed their flying machine into the first practical fixed-wing aircraft. Although not the first to build experimental aircraft, the Wright brothers were the first to invent aircraft controls that made fixed-wing powered flight possible.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 20 years old when Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, were assassinated by a Yugoslav nationalist named Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo, sparking the outbreak of World War I. Archduke Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria-Este was a member of the imperial Habsburg dynasty, and from 1896 until his death the heir presumptive (Thronfolger) to the Austro-Hungarian throne. His assassination in Sarajevo precipitated Austria-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, which in turn triggered a series of events that resulted in Austria-Hungary's allies and Serbia's declaring war on each other, starting World War I.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 26 years old when The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified, guaranteeing women's suffrage in America. The Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the states and the federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States on the basis of sex. It was adopted on August 18, 1920.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 36 years old when Great Depression: In a State of the Union message, U.S. President Herbert Hoover proposes a $150 million (equivalent to $2,197,000,000 in 2017) public works program to help generate jobs and stimulate the economy. The Great Depression was a severe worldwide economic depression that took place mostly during the 1930s, beginning in the United States. The timing of the Great Depression varied across nations; in most countries it started in 1929 and lasted until the late-1930s. It was the longest, deepest, and most widespread depression of the 20th century. In the 21st century, the Great Depression is commonly used as an example of how far the world's economy can decline.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 50 years old when World War II: The Allied invasion of Normandy—codenamed Operation Overlord—begins with the execution of Operation Neptune (commonly referred to as D-Day), the landing of 155,000 Allied troops on the beaches of Normandy in France. The Allied soldiers quickly break through the Atlantic Wall and push inland in the largest amphibious military operation in history. The Allies of World War II, called the United Nations from the 1 January 1942 declaration, were the countries that together opposed the Axis powers during the Second World War (1939–1945). The Allies promoted the alliance as a means to control German, Japanese and Italian aggression.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 61 years old when Disneyland Hotel opens to the public in Anaheim, California. The Disneyland Hotel is a resort hotel located at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, owned by the Walt Disney Company and operated through its Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products division. Opened on October 5, 1955, as a motor inn owned and operated by Jack Wrather under an agreement with Walt Disney, the hotel was the first to officially bear the Disney name. Under Wrather's ownership, the hotel underwent several expansions and renovations over the years before being acquired by Disney in 1988. The hotel was downsized to its present capacity in 1999 as part of the Disneyland Resort expansion.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen was 75 years old when During the Apollo 11 mission, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first humans to walk on the Moon. Apollo 11 was the spaceflight that landed the first two people on the Moon. Mission commander Neil Armstrong and pilot Buzz Aldrin, both American, landed the lunar module Eagle on July 20, 1969, at 20:17 UTC. Armstrong became the first person to step onto the lunar surface six hours after landing on July 21 at 02:56:15 UTC; Aldrin joined him about 20 minutes later. They spent about two and a quarter hours together outside the spacecraft, and collected 47.5 pounds (21.5 kg) of lunar material to bring back to Earth. Michael Collins piloted the command module Columbia alone in lunar orbit while they were on the Moon's surface. Armstrong and Aldrin spent 21.5 hours on the lunar surface before rejoining Columbia in lunar orbit.
Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen died on 29 Aug 1977 at the age of 82
Grave record for Mryvin Orsman Jorgensen (27 Oct 1894 - 29 Aug 1977), BillionGraves Record 1090205 Smithfield, Cache, Utah, United States